The Golden X Inn
The Golden X Inn is the Xaverian's favourite watering hole. Owned and operated by the StFX Students' Union, The Inn is the only all-student bar in Antigonish. We feature daily drink specials, have the best chicken wings in town, and feature outstanding local talent, as well as headlining musical guests!
From Open Mic on Wing Night Wednesdays, to theme nights such as our ever popular Country Nights, we feature a variety of unforgettable entertainment for our patrons. Societies have the opportunity to get involved by hosting fundraisers at The Inn throughout the year as well as selling grilled cheese. Entering our fifth year of food service, The Inn continues to update their menu to reflect our ongoing commitment to student taste.
We are proud to offer an all-inclusive student experience, while providing a safe environment for all students and guests. As the new owners of the bar, The U is working to make the student experience at The Inn as enjoyable as possible, so please forward any feedback that you may have!
All roads lead to The Inn!
Hours of Operation:
Monday, Tuesday: Closed
Wednesday: 5:00pm - 1:00am
Friday: 5:00pm - 1:00am
Saturday: 8:00pm - 1:00am (Open at 1:30 for Home Football Games)
Please note that due to high demand reservations will not be accepted on Wednesday's for the time being.
CONVENIENCE 4 U
Convenience 4 U is the health and convenience store located on the 2nd floor of the SUB (Bloomfield Centre). Its full service Pharmacy is now open.
Address: 5555 Union Place, Bloomfield 2nd Floor
Current Hours of Operation: Sunday to Saturday 9am - 9pm
If have any suggestions for new products please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Service Front Store Product Offerings:
- Food and snacks – including fresh made sandwiches, salads, etc., Breads, water & juices, Pepsi products, chips, crackers, cookies, candies, chocolate bars, energy bars, fresh popcorn and many additional grocery items.
- Frozen Novelties – Popsicles, Ice Cream Bars, Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream tubs, Frozen Yogurts, etc.
- Frozen Foods – including Pizzas, Cakes, Boxed Meals, etc.
- Farmers Milk & other Dairy products
- Cosmetic products & implements
- OTC products including cough, cold & flu products, decongestants, vitamins, antacids, analgesics, eye care, foot care, etc.
- Dental care (toothpastes, mouth wash, toothbrushes), hair care, deodorants, sun care, Fem Hygiene
- Family Planning (prophylactic, pregnancy tests, etc.)
- Bathroom tissue, paper towel, tissue paper, detergents, cleaners, air fresheners, etc.
- First Aid products – bandages, ointments, gauze, gloves, etc.
- Med Spec line of bracing products
Gift Card & Calling Card Center – pick up a Gift Card, prepaid Credit Card, Long Distance Phone Cards or Top-up Cellular minutes, 7 days a week
Dry Cleaning Services – Available for drop-off 7 days a week. All items are picked up/returned by Sunshine Cleaners every Monday, Wednesday & Friday. Garment alteration and repair is also available.
Bill Payment Service – Pay your Eastlink, Aliant or Nova Scotia Power bills here 7 days a week. Payments types accepted are cash, cheque and debit.
Postage Stamps – Canada and US postage stamps available.
Ticket Pro – With Ticket Pro you can purchase tickets to your favourite events and functions through us directly or make your purchase online at Ticketpro.ca and simply pickup your tickets in store 7 days a week.
Located on the 3rd floor of the Student Union Building (Bloomfield Centre) and open daily from 6:45am to 8pm, the Info Desk is where you can direct all your questions relating to health plan opt-out, upcoming ticketed events, and purchase your Maritime Bus tickets.